actors of 2013. SRK’s romantic comedy ‘Chennai Express’ with Deepika
Padukone shattered many records of Bollywood and more importantly the
film has became the fastest film to enter the elite Rs 100 crore club
(in just four days). Shah Rukh Khan will be seen in Farah
Khan’s ‘Happy New Year’ and Maneesh Sharma’s ‘Fan’ and a film with his
‘don’ director Farhan Akhtar next year.
2. Ranbir Kapoor: Ranbir Kapoor teamed with ex-girlfriend Deepika Padukone for ‘Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani’. The film gained much attention as the two ex-lovers came together redefining Bollywood’s professionalism. However, his second release of 2013, ‘Besharam’ bombed at box office. Ranbir Kapoor came under great media attention, as he had relationship with actress Katrina Kaif. His holiday pictures with Katrina Kaif in Ibiza went viral on social networking sites. Ranbir Kapoor has Anurag Basu’s ‘Jagga Jasoos’ and Anurag Kashyap’s ‘Bombay Velvet’ in his kitty for 2014.
3. Hrithik Roshan: Bollywood’s superhero Hrithik Roshan’s ‘Krrish 3′ broke all records and became the second film of the year to enter the Rs 200 crore club. The actor had a successful brain surgery this year, but his 17-year-old relation with his wife Sussanne came to an end. In 2014, Hrithik Roshan will be seen in Karan Johar’s ‘Shuddhi’ which reunites him with his rumoured ex-flame Kareena Kapoor and ‘Bang Bang’ with Katrina Kaif.
4. Aamir Khan: ‘Dhoom: 3′. The ‘Dhoom’
franchise, which is touted to be the third biggest flick of the year,
has Aamir Khan in a negative role. The film has turned to be the
biggest opener ever and is all set to break many records of Bollywood. Aamir
Khan’s ‘P.K’ with Anushka Sharma and Sushant Singh Rajput releases in
2014. He will also be back with his show ‘Satyamev Jayate’ which will
embark on a new journey highlighting more social issues.
5. Salman Khan: Though Salman had no releases in 2013, he still makes it to the list. He made headlines this year by for his patch up Shah Rukh Khan and his biased approach towards Bigg Boss participant Tanishaa. Salman Khan made his debut on Karan Johar’s show ‘Koffee With Karan’ and said he was a virgin at 47. He also spoke about Shah Rukh Khan and said the two can never be same friends like they were earlier. Next year Salman Khan has ‘Jai Ho’ releasing on January 24, ‘Kick’ and in Sooraj Barjatya’s next.
6. Farhan Akhtar: With his excellent performance in Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra’s ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’, a biopic on legendary athlete Milkha Singh, Farhan Akhtar achieved the highest standards of perfection and determination. He will be seen playing husband to Vidya Balan in ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’ and then a movie with SRK.
Singh: Ranveer Singh had two releases – ‘Lootera’ and ‘Ram-Leela’. A
Sanjay Leela Bhansali directed love story, ‘Ram-Leela’ entered the Rs
100 crore club. Next year Ranveer Singh will seen in ‘Gunday’ with Arjun Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra and in YRF’s ‘Kill Dill’.
Abraham: John Abraham showed bang in Abbas Mustan’s ‘Race 2′. Then came
‘Shootout at Wadala’ and his home production ‘Madras Cafe’ in which he
essayed the role of RAW agent during the time of Rajiv Gandhi’s
assassination. John Abraham also has a promising 2014 with ‘Dostana 2′ and ‘Welcome Back’.
Kumar: Out of his three releases – ‘Special 26′, ‘Once Upon ay Time In
Mumbai Dobaara’ and ‘Boss’, ‘Once Upon ay Time In Mumbai Dobaara’
bombed at box office as Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Chennai Express’ ate into its
business and ‘Boss’ was a complete disaster. Next year, Akshay
has ‘Holiday’, ‘It’s Entertainment’, ‘Gabbar’ and ‘Namastey London 2′,
with which he can regain his top position.
10. Aditya Roy Kapur: Aditya successfully proved his talents with two blockbuster films – ‘Aashiqui 2′ and ‘Yeh Jawaaani hai Deewani’ this year. He has ‘Dawaat-e-Ishq’ and ‘Fitoor’ in his kitty for 2014.